Friday, September 17, 2010

An update to the Capital One Mascot Challenge..

The night before last, I was trying to fall asleep and to help relax me, I began to vote for Paydirt Pete through text messages. I can get a good amount in, in a short amount of time. Before I even knew it, I had received a message out of the norm that said:
I'm sorry, you have exceeded the amount of votes allowed in a 24 hour period. Try again tomorrow
My interest was piqued because as many times as I have voted, I have never received that message and I've voted a lot. That had me wondering what exactly the limit was? Why was the limit imposed? This morning, I was going through my twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/utepminermaniac and I read @CapitalOneBowl's tweet that helped clarify:

Hey mascot fans! To keep a level playing field text voting is now limited to 250 votes/hr. May the best beast win! http://bit.ly/csHuyW
I really think that is a great addition to help level the playing field. It will make the mascots and their respective schools get the word out and become more creative to get the votes.

Now, the only other thing is that the tweet suggests the limit is for an hour period, whereas the text message I received suggests it is within a 24 hour period.  Not to worry, I am already testing out both to try and get to the truth. I will come with my update of which of these is true.

As always Miners,
Remember to vote!
Text "PaydirtPete" to 69866
or vote online at capitalonebowl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment